Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back to School - Week One

Man, school is bitch slapping me all over campus. It’s been a long time since I’ve been a full-time student, not since spring of 1999 and as such, I’m in classes with a bunch of freshman and sophomores. In fact, I have never felt as old as during introductions of one class where the 20 year old girl next to me said “wow” when I told her I was 27. My friends all got a big kick out of that. Then yesterday I heard one of the younger ones ask his friend “dude, where did you get those kicks?” What the fuck are kicks I thought to myself. Oh right, shoes. Fortunately, Seattle U does have a little sanctuary that I can escape to and feel a little less out of place while studying. SU has collegiums, these sort of, home away from home locations for non-traditional commuter students like myself. They are pretty nice, comfortable, and stocked with honor bar food. Hopefully this will help get this quarter with it’s lower level pre-reqs out of the way for me so I can start studying things that are more interesting to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home